Πέμπτη 20 Σεπτεμβρίου 2007

More victory!

August 26th 2007

Hello people,

First of all, let me apologize if you got my previous email more than once. It’s one of the hazards resulting from blindly typing with only 1 hand while the other is raising the laptop to the ceiling so as not to lose the connection.

But on to the good news: my maybe-boss’s secretary actually called me back yesterday, to set up an appointment 10 days from now. Which also means I am officially on holiday for 10 days, during which I’ll be able to keep tackling my lawyer about our upcoming trial and the Greek authorities about my nationality. I am delirious with joy.

The only thing that’s got me worried is that I’ve heard hints from people who have seen the TV ads for the upcoming serial I am supposed to direct 1 episode of. The hints relate to the promise that there will be a LOT of SEX AND VIOLENCE in the NEW SHOW!! (Quoting the ads, here.) I strongly suspect the show is going to be of the after-midnight variety…

Oh, well.

I also got a phone call from the Greek phone company saying that our home was now officially connected to the Internet. We just had to install the cables, CD, etc. Nothing simpler! Buoyed by my earlier success, I actually believed them.

Yeah, right.

When I opened the connection package and started to read the deceptively simple-looking instructions, I was stumped at step 2. Let me paraphrase for you:

1. Connect the filters to ALL wall phone jacks (we only have 1 filter and 1 phone jack, but anyway), then connect the filter to the phone.

2. Connect the modem to the computer, then connect it to the wall phone jack. NOTE: THE MODEM MUST BE CONNECTED DIRECTLY TO THE WALL PHONE JACK, NOT THROUGH A FILTER!!

I rest my case.

OK, ok, so they probably meant connect the modem to the phone, or something. But you can never assume, with the Greeks.

I will be gone for the week-end, where hopefully not too much craziness will happen. More news in a couple of days.

Take care,
L.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: